Jun 16, 2011

Father's Day Inspiration: For Dad, With Love

By Karen Brown

With Father’s Day weekend upon us, I thought I would take a minute to poll some of our dads and see what might be on their wish lists for Father’s Day. Maybe these ideas will inspire gifts for the husbands and fathers in your life. Enjoy the time set aside on Sunday to honor, love and appreciate dads! 

• “Something that promotes relational time as a family would be awesome. Maybe an outdoor game like Baggo. Or a tent would be great and then we could plan a family trip this summer.”




• “An afternoon nap.” (Consider making some coupons to be redeemed when needed by dad.)

• “We have a tradition where my wife takes the kids to the paint-your-own-pottery place to make me a new mug, or gift of their choosing. My wife gets a date afternoon with the kids, the kids get a totally fun art project, and I get some time to myself.”

• “I would love a donation to an organization like Living Water in my name. For like $40, you can provide clean water for a year.”


How does your family celebrate Father's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Our hope is that this section can be a place for us to collaborate and dialogue together.

If you have a question, or would like a response back, please make sure and leave your email address.

We appreciate your comments!