Aug 15, 2011

little dresses

By Karen Brown

Last year I came across an organization called Little Dresses for Africa; they make dresses for little girls living in orphanages in Africa. The dresses are simple, just crafted from pillowcases and bias tape. The dresses help show girls that they are worthy and loved by God, planting that message in their hearts. 

As our mission team at REUNION made plans last year to head out for the Dominican Republic to serve and build relationships with the people of La Mosca, several of the women in our community thought it might be fun to make these dresses to send along for the little girls there. I had read here how others had a party to make dresses for African orphans. We were inspired…so we had a party, sewed some dresses and had a lot of fun in the process. Even people from our community who couldn’t attend the party made dresses on their own to send along as well. 










Our team set out again this month to love on the Dominican people. Once more, we joined together in making dresses to send along. It’s one small way those of us not going on the trip can be a part of the big picture. 


Here’s a
highlight video from the 2010 trip.
Here's where you can read more about
REUNION in the Dominican Republic
Here's where you can find out more information on
Little Dresses for Africa

1 comment:

  1. Hello Karen!! Hello Julie!!

    I just wanted to say, stay inspired and inspiring! I caught a look at the blog from Hank's twitter page and I'm so glad I did!! A church that I have a group at does the same dresses and I literally had no idea what they were for. Now that I know I think I'll tell my mother so we can add it to her sanitary napkins that we send to Africa! The kids look great (and big!! it's only been a year!!) and I hear everything at Reunion and Sojourn's going well!! I hope everything in the families is going well too!!
    Miss you all!
    Sydnie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Our hope is that this section can be a place for us to collaborate and dialogue together.

If you have a question, or would like a response back, please make sure and leave your email address.

We appreciate your comments!