May 1, 2011

Growing a Spiritually Strong Family

By Julie Wilson

I highly recommend the book I just read, Growing A Spiritually Strong Family, by Dennis and Barbara Rainey. I initially picked it up because I felt like I needed some fresh advice and wisdom from other parents. It exceeded my expectations and gave many, practical suggestions.

One idea that I immediately put into practice is making Scripture more easily accessible to the children. I have begun to write a Scripture verse on a blank piece of paper and post it on our fridge. Throughout the day we practice reciting the verse. By the end of the week, we have seen it and said it so many times, that the kids have it memorized. We are on week five of memorizing new Scripture verses, and now the kids get excited about helping choose the new one we will learn for the week.


As a Christian mother I want my children to know and love God. I also want them to have God’s word as the driving force behind their thoughts and actions. God’s Word is a guide for our children to live by. Posting Scripture on our fridge is one small way I am trying to reinforce the importance of Scripture in all our lives.


2 comments:

  1. This is so simple, I cannot believe I haven't thought if it. I just threw the book in my amazon cart and I am off to pick a scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Our hope is that this section can be a place for us to collaborate and dialogue together.

If you have a question, or would like a response back, please make sure and leave your email address.

We appreciate your comments!