Jan 23, 2012

One Little Word

By Karen Brown

Have you heard of the one little word concept? It’s the idea of picking a word of the year that inspires and speaks to you. A word that propels you and moves you toward who you want to be and what you want to do that year.

I love the idea of picking a word just for me. A word to compel me. Not something for my whole family to embrace, or something for my husband to agree on, but something I choose...for me. A word that focuses my energies on ultimately being a better wife, mother, and child of God.

Ali Edwards explains it so well when she says, “A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow." She goes on to explain what exactly you do with this one little word: “You live with it. You invite it into your life. You let it speak to you. You might even follow where it leads. There are so many possibilities.”

I came across this idea a couple years ago and have yet to do it. It completely intrigues me, though, and I think this may be the year. And what’s the worst that can happen? I abandon my word mid-year because it’s just not working for me? I can handle that.

You can check out Ali Edwards’ site here and see a list of words that may inspire you.

Will you pick one little word? How does it work for you? What word did you choose for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Our hope is that this section can be a place for us to collaborate and dialogue together.

If you have a question, or would like a response back, please make sure and leave your email address.

We appreciate your comments!