Jun 14, 2011

Last-Minute Teacher Gift Ideas

By Karen Brown 

Our kids are in the countdown to the last couple weeks of school. In the midst of all the end-of-the-year activities and events, I haven’t had much time to come up with something creative to give teachers as a “thank you for loving on my kid” gift. Even though the gift is likely to be something small and inexpensive, I want my children’s teachers to always feel honored and cherished by our family. I will certainly have each child write their own notes and then include something below.

Here’s a web roundup of ideas to inspire you:

•This is a great subway art-inspired poster for the classroom (or your own home!)


•These wise little owls would be adorable filled with a note, a giftcard, or maybe a homemade treat like these amazing sea salt caramels. My daughter would love to make these with me.

•These fun paper clips would be sweet or these thumbtacks. I could see these packaged up in little glassine bags tied up with ribbon.
 

•Consider making a donation in a teacher’s name to Living Water to provide clean drinking water to school children in developing countries. Many children cannot attend school due to lack of sanitation.

What are some of your favorite ways to appreciate others...especially those who teach and mentor kids?



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Our hope is that this section can be a place for us to collaborate and dialogue together.

If you have a question, or would like a response back, please make sure and leave your email address.

We appreciate your comments!